Thursday, July 30, 2009

Castle Corner

Springbok supporters like to be entertained. They arrive early for the match and spend some time at places like Castle Corner where they can have a beer with their boerewors roll (type of hot dog with a sausage) and listen to some music performed by a live band. Of course they also wear their Springbok jerseys and many sport fancy headgear. It all add to the spirit of the occasion. And when their team wins the stadium erupts into delirious euphoria.

This shot shows the Bloemfontein Rugby stadium in the background. It has undergone extensive construction and renovation in preparation for the 2010 FIFA world cup tournament. Some of the matches will be hosted at this stadium.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I was in Pretoria a few years ago. I visited a part of your country twice and I like it very much.

Unknown said...

Hi

I love this blog. I visit often.

I am an editor of www.pretoria-south-africa.com

I wanted to contact you. Please drop me a line at:
www.pretoria-south-africa.com/contact-us.html
So I get back to you.

Mbini